Saturday, March 9, 2013

instant sauce

I saw that there are a lot of instant pasta sauce from Mc Cormick available at the grocery. I decided to try out the Pesto sauce and the Creamy Garlic sauce. They're really easy to prepare. For the pesto sauce, you just add up a little bit of oil (EVOO would be great) and heat it up a little (do not bring to a boil as instructed!). Voila! Instant pesto! For the Creamy Garlic, you just dissolve the powder into a cup of fresh milk, bring it to a boil and simmer for a minute. I saw that we have some shrimps so I decided to add some together with some basil leaves. The taste is ok. Nothing grand about it. Of course I'd still think my own recipe tastes a lot better than it. Hehe! But this is nice to use whenever you have an instant craving for pasta but is not in the mood to spend a lot of time preparing for it. A packet would be good for 200g of noodles.

No comments: