Monday, April 9, 2007

Start of my journey...

For quite some time already I have been feeling that certain urge to go on a break and go on a soul searching trip ...but I've kept on putting it off due to numerous reasons (...lack of time ...lack of funds ...and sometimes jz being too lazy to actually plan for it)

I want to unclutter my life ...clear my mind ...rest my soul ...and revitalize myself.


--- 0O0 ---

I'm finally going to take that long overdue trip.

I'm taking the plunge.

No more excuses.

In a few hours I will be going on a 1-week trip alone.


--- 0O0 ---

This is probably one of the most significant and memorable moment of my life...

Thank you beh for supporting and encouraging me to take this trip. I would've loved for you to join me but we both know that this is something I have to do alone...

Thanks mom for allowing me and trusting me to take this trip alone. Thank you for simply understanding and not asking too many questions why I'm taking this trip...


--- 0O0 ---

In a few hours I'll be leaving for my journey ...and I'm starting it with this prayer:


God, take and receive my liberty,
my memory, my understanding and will,
All that I am and have He has given me

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference

Living one day at a time
Enjoying one moment at a time
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it

Trusting that He will make all things right
If I surrender to his will
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy in the next. AMEN



3 comments:

andrea said...

Ey Jeng! San ka pupunta?!?! :D Anyway, sige lang. Everything will still be here when you get back ;)

Anonymous said...

I miss you and I can't wait to hear your stories. I love you. :)

Anonymous said...

hi jen this is nina, we have the same prayer. been praying this for years. i need a break too.