Tuesday, November 25, 2008

no more weddings...

My sweetie wants me to stop accepting wedding coordination stints so I can just focus on other means of earning money which aren't too time and energy consuming (like blogging). He knows that there are a lot of things that I want to do. He has always been supportive and lets me explore and lets me do stuff that I want to do. Atleast he has let me experience being a wedding planner. That's a dream come true already.

Money from wedding coordination isn't really much (but of course the happiness and feeling of being able to help others is priceless). Of course I cannot charge high yet since I've only been doing this for a little of over a year and it's not even regular. It's not easy being a wedding planner since you deal with a lot of suppliers (around 15 suppliers on the average). Brides can attest how hard it is to plan for a wedding. Imagine planning 3-5 weddings in a year! And each couple have their own quirks and requests that you have to consider. It can really get pretty crazy at times. But I have never had any regrets. It's always worth it for me. At the end of every event, I feel a sense of pride and happiness that I was able to contribute significantly to other people's lives. At some point, I was able to deduce that probably my goal in life is to be a blessing to other people. Helping a couple prepare for a very momentous event in their lives is such an honor.

But I guess it's the case of not-because-you-can-means-you-should. I have to be practical and streamline my modes of earning. For around a year and a half, blogging has become my bread and butter. I think if I focus more on it and really exert more effort, I can still significantly increase my earnings. It's really a great opportunity since you can stay at home and still earn. You don't have any time schedule that you have to abide to (except probably posting deadlines). But you can basically do your blog posts in your jammies. Finish them and post them then go back to sleep.

If only I can put up more blogs, post more regularly, and take advantage of other online opportunities, I would be able to increase my monthly earnings. This would be more possible if my attention is not divided. I guess this is what's my sweetie is pointing out. He has seen how hard I work for my wedding planning stints which can spread out in a year per wedding. Earnings I get from that, I can easily earn in less than a month (sometimes even in less than a week) if I get to maintain more blogs.

Anyway, another reason why he probably wants me to stop my wedding coordination stint is probably because he wants me to focus on our own preps. With limited budget, it is going to be quite a challenge to plan for our own wedding.

Oh well...I would just have to finish my last wedding on January and that's it.

A friend recently asked me if I can do her wedding for next December... I already turned her down...

No comments: