Sunday, March 9, 2008

Janina San Miguel - is she worthy to win?

OMG!!! I can't believe Janina San Miguel won Bb. Pilipinas World! How can they let this woman represent our country when she can't even answer properly during the question and answer portion? I swear, watching it really made me cringe!!! She may have won Best in Swimsuit and Best in Long Gown, but I think winning a title is not just about looking good in what you wear. I feel that the person's intelligence and ability to communicate herself well should also be given a premium.

Here’s a transcript of her Q&A portion. Read it and judge for yourself. Better yet, watch it in YouTube and let's see if you can even stomach finishing her answer the judge's question.










Paolo Bediones: Janina, how are you?
Janina San Miguel: Fine.

Paolo Bediones: Alright, so you won two of the major awards - Best in Long Gown, Best in Swimsuit, do you feel any pressure right now?
Janina San Miguel: No, I don’t feel any pressure right now.

Paolo Bediones: Confident! Alright! Please choose a name of the judge.
Paolo Bediones: We have Miss Vivian Tan.

Vivian Tan: Good Evening.
Janina San Miguel: Good Evening.

Vivian Tan: The question is, what role did your family play to you as candidate to Binibining Pilipinas?
Janina San Miguel: Well, my family’s role for me is so important becoz there was the wa- they’re, they was the one who’s …. very… Haha .… Oh I’m so sorry, uhmm …. My pamily .… My pamily .… Oh my god …. Ok, I’m so sorry .… I .… I told you that I’m so confident .… Eto, uhhmm, Wait .… Hahahahaha, uhmmm, Sorry guys becoz this was really my first pageant ever becoz I’m only 17 years old and ahahaha I, I did not expect that I came from, I came from one of the tough 10. Hmmm, so .… but I said that my family es the most important persons in my life. Thank you.

No comments: