Saturday, December 1, 2007

against drugs

Having someone you love get into drug addiction can really be emotionally challenging. Facing the problem can really be difficult. A lot have a hard time dealing with it, not knowing what to do to help your loved one.

I knew someone who was into it. It was indeed hard to interact with him without feeling a little awkward knowing what he is into. He is an intelligent man which makes it extra surprising of his addiction. I wonder what made him start doing it. They say, it sometimes just really takes once and you just really might get addicted to it and look forward for the next hit. Everybody is talking behind his back and somehow feel pity of how he is destroying his life. I used to think he is one of those who have a great future ahead of him, but I guess if he continues with addiction, he’s like throwing his future already.

I just hope his family would be strong enough to put him into a drug rehabilitation program. I know getting a drug rehab is not the easiest thing to do, but if not done as soon as possible, it just might be a little extra hard to get him that drug treatment that he badly needs.

I hope more drug rehabilitation institutes be formed so that they will be more accessible. Better programs and housing facilities should be given focus in order to assure the effective treatment of the patients. I wonder how one can ensure that the patient would not be going back to his addiction. I can just imagine how hard it is during the first few days of the patient inside the rehab. I guess this is why they make it a point to really beautify the place and provide alternative activities so that the patient can keep his mind off his addiction and just divert it somewhere else.

No comments: