Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!!!

Another year has gone. 2007 is definitely a memorable one for me.

It was last February when I decided to end my corporate career and enough guts to resign from my job. I had no specific plan yet what to do with my life, but I just know that I would be like wasting my time if I stay join the rat race.

I also did a lot of traveling this year. I guess it was partly soul searching, relaxing, and enjoying my freedom. I remember going to Manaoag alone on a whim then traveling to Baguio just in time for Panagbenga. I even went to Pagudpud alone and spent almost a week in that haven. Yeah, you can call it a celebration of freedom. I did those things because I can. A lot of people have money but they cannot do those things because they do not have the time.

Well, I didn’t always travel alone since I know it’s also fun traveling with friends and loved ones. I was able to go to Potipot Island with some of my sweetie’s friends during summer. Also, me and my sweetie was able to spend some quality time in Boracay which was really loads of fun.

This year, I also got into a very addicting hobby: Scrapbooking. It was really memorable that my first scrapbook EB was even on Scrapbooking Day (yep, there is an official scrapbooking day). It was a guilty pleasure spending on scrapbooking materials. As scrapbookers would agree, you can never have too much of scrapbooking materials. Whenever there are sales, scrapbookers usually end up not just shopping but HOARDING materials! I love this hobby since it is a venue for my creative side. I just hope for the coming year that I would be able to scrap more so that I can justify all my scrapbooking purchases. Well, other than the craft itself, I also love the fact that I am able to meet a lot of new friends. I just love surrounding myself with people who have passion (in this case, passion for scrapbooking).

This year, I also got into earning online and getting paid to blog. It can be considered as easy money, but you still need to exert some effort. So far so good since I’m earning good money without going to and 8hour job 5 days a week. There’s still a lot that I can do to optimize earning online so that’s something that I hope to do for this coming year.

This year I also got into wedding coordination. I admit it was Faye and Herbie’s announcement that they want me to coordinate their wedding which stimulated my mind to end my corporate career. I want to do what makes me happy and not just let myself be stuck at something people expect me to do.

I am looking forward to 2008. Hopefully it would be filled with more fun and adventures. May 2008 be prosperous for all of us!

Cheers to the year that has just passed and to this coming new year!

No comments: