Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Faye and Herbie's Wedding

I've been wanting to blog about Faye and Herbie's wedding but just can't seem to find a photo to go with it, so abangan niyo na lang yung pictures

Here's the story:

It was January 2007, during their last vacation here, when Herbie and Faye asked me to coordinate their wedding. I really felt honored since it really meant a lot entrusting another person to take care of your wedding preparations. It was basically a night at Galleria when we talked about the initial plans and the rest were all discussed through constant YM and emails.

Before they left for Australia again, they have already booked Our Lady of Lourdes and Nurture Spa in Tagaytay as their church and reception venues, the rest of the suppliers, I had to source and make arrangements with. Everything was doing great, until the couturier bruhaha happened (just read it from faye's post). Anyway, thanks to Minette Santiago who was able to pull off making the pretty entourage's gowns even if we only booked her around middle of November (take note, the wedding was scheduled dec 22).

I was so excited when Herbie and Faye finally came home. Their schedule was packed and there were still some details we had to take care of. I guess hindi talaga maaalis ang cramming. The day before their wedding, we already checked in at Tagaytay and made all the last minute preparations. It took us time to finalize the seating arrangements, specially with some additions of military guests. Unfortunately, we all had to sleep at around 3:00 and had to wake up at 4:30. (I know I'm such a bad coordinator for making my bride sleep this late! But I swear, maaga pa lang pinapatulog ko na sya! Hehe!)

I wasn't really sleepy. I guess it was adrenalin rush pumping. I'm glad the suppliers weren't stuck too long in traffic going to Tagaytay along with a lot of people going home to their own provinces. First who came in was Andrea and Ramil, who are part of our team. Then came in EJ Litiatco and her team. Then the team of Rene Gaviola and Buddy Gancenia. At that time, we still weren't finished with the name tags and guest sheets. It's good that some of the guests also helped out. It was really nice seeing some pisay98 people again!

We then left for Nurture Spa to check out the place. Seeing the place not yet prepped up! There was not one single table arrangement set-up and there weren't anybody working on them! Robin was just working on the couple's table. I just had to hurry them up since we wouldn't be able to put the name tags, guest sheets and souvenirs without the tables set-up. Seeing the cupcake set-up made me smile, though, since it really looked so pretty! It was really a great decision getting Yumi to supply the cupcakes and to take care of the set-up. Kakatawa lang when she made a comment na napamahal daw sila sa roses since orange roses costs a little more than red ones. Buti na lang daw kakilala naman daw niya si Herbie kaya ok lang.

Anyway, with the late preparations at Nurture Spa, our schedule was pushed. Unfortunately, with all the hurrying up, I slipped on a slightly muddy part of the garden! It was just a good thing that I was still wearing jeans then and not my dress. Parts of my body felt really sore pero hindi pwede mag-inarte. We were running pretty late. We had to leave BJ to finish all the preps at the reception.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to Faye and Herbie for the late start of the ceremony. It was pretty hard to stall the everything until the flowers and accessories arrive. *sigh* All stress was drained away the moment I saw Faye when we opened the door and the Sentimental Groove started playing Tunay na Ligaya, which was Faye's favorite. Hirap pigilan maging teary-eyed.

The reception was really fun, starting off with the couple's dance of Kahit Maputi na ang Buhok Ko along with the games for the bouquet and garter. The food was great! There was even Lechong Baka, complete with mga nag-iihaw na naka-cowboy get-up (c/o herbie's dad!). I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the host, Rea Villanoza who did a great job as well.

I know there were a lot of imperfections and plans na hindi nasunod and had to be adjusted at the last minute. But hearing the speeches of the fathers and the thank you's of the couple and the raves of the guests really uplifted my spirits. I really hope everybody enjoyed the wedding.

Faye and Herbie is such a cool couple! I wish you guys many more happy years together!



No comments: