Tuesday, May 15, 2007

How my scrapbooking hobby started...

It's all flattering when people from my scrapbooking egroups commented on my first LO and can't believe I'm just a newbie. Well, I am! =)

You should have seen me from the NSD! Lost talaga! Hahaha! I tried doing an LO during the scrapbooking time but then decided to just hide it and just watch from other scrapbookers since I really dunno what to do with my LO (and also because I forgot to bring some stuff I was planning to put on that specific LO) ...and it looked like trash beside their works! Hahaha! Not to mention that my tools where just sooo basic.

I remember during lunch when they asked me how I found out about the event. And they were suprised that I wasn't even a part of pinoyscrapbookers or scrapbook-exchange at that time! It was only after the event that I became part of it.

Well, how did my scrapbooking hobby really start?

I went on this "soul-searching" trip last April 9-14 to Pagudpud and took loads of pictures since it was such a beautiful place and had them printed. I didn't want to put the pictures to waste by just putting them on albums so I thought of scrapbooking.

I didn't know about the acid-free stuff until then. I was just buying at National Bookstore and Papemelroti for some materials. I felt that they have very limited stuff so I started looking online where I discovered scrapbukan.com where I found out about National Scrapbooking Day. I thought there will be lots of demonstrations during the event which would broaden my (my very basic) learnings about scrapbooking so I signed up for it.

I also started looking at other scrapbooking sites and several galleries. I was really impressed with their works of art and was envious to be able to come up with one myself. I found it hard to make a complete LO at first. I wanted to make some embellishments first and cut out some patterned papers so that when I get around to making my LO, I'll have all the materials that I need infront of me. That's much easier for me to picture and design my LO.

I started cutting out these foam flowers and got addicted to it. I have so much right now and actually thinking of selling them since I found out how expensive some flower embellishments cost!

I also found out about Times Trading even before I got to read about the Divisoria trip. And Wellmanson is not new to me either since I've been making beads stuff way before pa. I go to these places for cheaper alternatives for getting scrapbooking materials.

And as days passed by I felt I just have to get more tools ...more patterned papers ...more embellishments. I'm beginning to be a scrapbooking junkie!

But I've never really completely finished an LO until the one I made for mother's day. Yep, kareer talaga! Of course, it's for my mom! Well, actually, sinapian lang din ako sa pag gupit nung papel. Ang ganda kse nung design! It wasn't what I really imagined it to look like. Good thing it came out way better than what I initially imagined it.

No comments: