Tuesday, May 15, 2007

What's up with me?

Well, seems I've been hearin' that question very often lately...

So, what's really up with me? What are my plans?

After my "soul-searching" trip a month ago in Pagudpud, I wasn't really able to blog that much about my thoughts, learnings, and experiences from the trip. I guess it just annoys me a bit that people think that when I go back from the trip I'll be sobrang OK and good to go... and have "found my soul".

This is a continuous process for me. I have thought and pondered on a lot of things during my trip. There were a number of enlightening moments, but a lot of (unanswered) questions surfaced as well.

One of the most important things I realized is that I don't want to go back to the 8-hour shift office work. At the very least for the rest of the year and the next. Of course, I'm not totally closing my doors to the corporate world since I might just eat my words, but as of now, that's my very last option.

And that the rest of the year will be "all-about-me". I will not let people pressure me to be what they want me to be. I will do the things that I've been wanting to do - photogrpahy, scrapbooking, baking, etc... I'll sleep all I want, if I want to. Stay up all I want, if I want to. I'm also gonna be travelling more (alone). I've actually listed atleast 5 places I wanna go to.

I know money is an issue, but it's not so much a bummer being a bum. Thanks to blog monetizing opportunities. I also have other options in mind and doing a somewhat feasibility study on them first before pushing through. I'm not naman in a hurry.

Saving up is put on hold. If I would end up spending all my money just to be able to do things that I wanna do, then so be it. This is gonna be an ALL-ABOUT-ME year!!!

I hope people will stop worrying about me and feel like I'm wasting my life. Excuse me, but I AM having the best time of my life!

I know people are also expecting me to go full time on wedding coordination. Well, not just yet. But I don't want people (current clients most importantly) that I'm slacking off on my responsibilities on their big event, coz I'm not.

Well, one of the good things that happened to me since the start of my "vacation" is that I lost 15lbs! Oh yeah! Well, it doesn't really show physically since I still got sooo much more to lose!




No comments: