Sunday, May 20, 2007

Scrapfest!

Wow! the scrapfest last saturday was such a huge success! I'm sure everybody enjoyed the shopping, scrapbooking, and mingling with other scrapbookers. Congrats to Scrappinmoms for organizing such a successful event!

I left the house early morning making sure I won't be late for the event. I had the usual kindergarten-first-day-of-school-syndrome since I don't really don't know that much scrapbookers yet who will be attending.

As I was leaving the mrt train, I saw a girl with 2 bags. My first impression is that she's also probably going to the scrapfest, but dismissed the idea immediately. But then I turned around again and saw her smiling at me. That's when we confirmed that we're both going to the same event! My Uhu glue was a giveaway from my see-through bag.

So that's how I met Techie, who also became my seatmate during the demos and challenges. We actually started shopping together before the demos started but I can't remember at what point we lost each other. The selling area was so full of great finds that it was hard choosing which to prioritize buying. All those scrapbooking goodies are just too much for our wallets to handle. Probably if credit cards were allowed, people would've been able to consume a lot lot more. It was super sulit to buy there with all the great discounts they were offering! *sigh* I have spent sooo much on scrapbooking stuff this month, but somehow I don't feel guilty about it.

The Php650 fee was definitely worth. The goodie bag had sooo much in it! And the demos were very much helpful in adding other techniques in our LOs. And oh boy! ...those time pressured challenges are quite an experience for all of us too!

It was also great having to meet Nita who taught me a lot! (Thanks, Nita!) ...distressing, to paper tearing, to clear stamps, to recommended tools ...and a whole lot more! Info overload talaga! I'm super grateful that she was very accomodating and is just soo willing to impart scrapbooking knowledge to me.

Somehow I felt sooo exhausted when I got home, and to think we were mostly seating down during the majority of the event. Oh well. It was a great day for our scrapbooking community. I'm looking forward to more events like that. Hmmm...I actually can't wait for the scrapbook garage sale! Gotta ready my wallet again! hehe!



No comments: