Thursday, May 10, 2007

I'm an addict...

I have found a new hobby!!!

It's something that has been keeping me busy these past few days. SCRAPBOOKING

I'm just a newbie at it, but somehow I'm getting addicted to it as days passes by. You won't even imagine how much tools, papers, and embellishments I've bought these past few weeks! I thought I was going overboard ...until I met the scrapbooking divas! hahaha!

I was browsing for scrapbooking related sites and searching for local suppliers. Then I chanced upon scrapbukan.com which opened my eyes to the scrapbooking world here in the Philippines. It's actually barely new here, but it's actually a BILLION dollar industry abroad already. Anyway, I saw that one of their events in the site is the National Scrapbooking Day which is actually celebrated all over the world. I decided to sign up for it with blind eyes. I really didn't know what to expect from the event.

The event was held last May 5 at Ascot (formerly known as Oakwood) in Makati. I felt like a nursery kid on her first day at school entering the room. It was a funny feeling. I felt a little apprehensive at first since everybody seemed to know everybody already. I'm just really glad that they were very accomodating and friendly. I think I was the only NEW person in the group!

National Scrapbooking Day
May 5, 2007
9am-5pm
6th Floor, Private Room
Glorietta 4
Ascott Makati (formerly known as Oakwood, Makati)


There was a short talk on photography, then it was scrapbookin' time! Oh boy, was I surprised ...or rather amused to see sooo much tools, papers, and embellishments! And I thought I was an addict! These ladies are really into the craft!!! Their stuff were in luggages! Yep! LUGGAGES!!! You could really see their enthusiasm and passion for this hobby. I mostly used up my time watching them do their layouts and learning tips and tricks, which I think is way better than spending my time doing my own and looking like trash beside their works! Hahaha!

I really had fun that day! These are really nice people who are more than willing to share their tools and teach you the craft.

There's an upcoming scrapfest on May 19. It's one of the THE events you have to go to if you're a scrapbooker. It's even gonna be covered by Angel Jacob of Great Finds!




Some layouts finished at the end of the day

No comments: