Wednesday, November 14, 2007

care home

I know that Filipinos are very family oriented. It is normal to live with our parents and even extended families. I remember growing up with aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents in just one house. It can be fun and a little bit of a riot at times. There was a time when my grandparents were sick and that was really a hard time for our family. We could’ve gotten extra help for the medical care and attention that they needed but we couldn’t afford it. Having home care would have been great.

I know in other countries it’s more popular to bring the older ones into a care home. It’s not really that bad when I think about it since they would be given more attention and they will be more taken cared of. But this doesn’t necessarily mean abandoning your loved ones. Nobody is stopping you to visit them there every once in awhile. They would certainly appreciate your presence.

No comments: