Thursday, November 29, 2007

Dokyu fest (part1)

I recently posted about the I-witness Dokyu Fest at the UP Film Institute. I actually attended it yesterday and I'm glad I did. I have vowed to myself to try to make it a point to open up myself to self-enriching activities. The documentaries were done magnificently. They were very much eye-opening.

The first one was about fraternities and the recent tragedy that fell on Cris Mendez. It was enraging to know that the Sigma Rho fraternity hasn't even given any statement about it. As they say, the silence even more affirmed their guiltiness. The documentary showed some interviews of one of those who was convicted for the death of Alex Icasiano who also died from hazing. He was from Sigma Rho's rival frat, Alpha Phi Beta. What sets them apart is that they admitted their guilt and faced the consequences of their actions. It was moving to see the interview of Alex's mother who have forgiven those who have caused his son's death. I just really hope that those guilty people who caused Cris' death would come out and face the consequences of their stupid actions.

(to be continued)

No comments: