Friday, November 9, 2007

my birthday

As much as possible I really try make a small get together party with my friends and family whenever it's my birthday. This year is no different. With all our busy lives, birthdays are great excuses to see each other again and catch up with each other's lives.

Since I love cooking, it's also a great time to show off my cooking prowess (hahaha!). I really love cooking for my loved ones. Just hearing compliments and knowing that I've satisfied their tummies is a great feat already.

There was lots of food! I couldn't really make up my mind what my menu would be so I ended up making almost everything I felt like making. I made pasta with white sauce, garlic bread, fried sandwich, macaroni salad, potato salad, lumpiang shanghai, siomai, and bbq. I requested my mom to make lengua which I really love! She added in some buttered shrimp, tokwa't baboy and a fish dish which I don't know what to call. Everybody's diet was surely ruined! I also had some brownies from Goldilocks, Pistachio ice cream bought by one of my friends, chocolate rolls from Red Ribbon bought by my brother, and an uber delicious ube cake bought by another friend. There was also some wine (my favorite: novelino luscious peach) and of course, beer!

Read more about my birthday from my other blog.

No comments: