Monday, July 2, 2007

On monetizing your blog

It's hard to catch some opportunities in PayPerPost lately. As quoted from another blogger...looks like there are a lot of hungry wolves scavenging for those opps! Grabe, sobrang bilis magkaubusan... Since there are a lot of bloggers who've discovered PPP it seems that the opportunities have become limited commodities! I used to get 1-3 opps everyday. Now, it's been 4 days since I last got one. :(

There are actually a lot of emerging sites who offer blog monetizing opportunities. A lot are actually more stricter in terms of accepting blogs. They have a lot of qualifiers, like having a blog of more than 90 days, having atleast 20 posts. But more than that, it has become a game of page ranks!

Yep, It all boils down to page ranking now. The higher your site's page rank, the more opportunities you can take. It's actually a bit frustrating since it's really not that easy to increase one's page rank, especially considering Google's complicated formula on how they compute it. I guess that's probably one of the reasons why it takes them 2-3 months to update a site's ranking.

Oh well. I can't wait for mine to get up. As for now, all I have to do is come up with better posts for my blog and look for ways to increase my traffic...gotta look into those search engine optimization tips!


No comments: