Monday, October 8, 2007

Sierra and Anton's Wedding


Text from Sierra day after the wedding:
"We would like to express our deepest gratitude for making our wedding really really wonderful. We has such a great time yesterday. Everything was just perfect. Again, thank you very much :) Anton and Sierra"

Were you able to watch Lovapalooza a few years back when this guy proposed to his girlfriend on stage in front of thousands of people? It was even televised. I, myself, was able to see it on TV and couldn't believe I knew these people. They are Anton and Sierra.


I met them at the FOPC (Freshmen Orientation Program Committee) in UP Diliman where we were part of the Steering Committee. I was the head of UP CIEM and Sierra was the head of JPIA. Anton then was one her VP's.

Who would think that after all these years they'd pick me and my team to be their wedding coordinators?!?! Of course I was excited! Although I have to admit, I was a little scared since Sierra is a self-confessed OC. I was really praying hard that we get to give her the dream wedding that she wants.


We had several meetings before their wedding to ensure that every detail is taken cared of. It was actually a bit tricky since it's still rainy season and if it rains we'd have to hold everything at the Mango Farm Pavillion instead of outdoors (so that everybody can appreciate how nice the place is)


Sept 29, 2007 - Signal #1 (Typhoon Hannah). Wow, of all the days to have strong rain it had to fall on their wedding day. It was a bad start. I knew my bride was a bit weary already, but then it wasn't in our hands anymore and just had to leave it up to God. I just had to remind her that what really matters is their marriage not the wedding. She just has to let go if we need to go for plan B instead of the original plan.

It was just really great that in the afternoon God seemed to answer all our prayers and the rain stopped. Actually the caterer was a bit hesitant to set up the cocktails outside since it might rain again. Everybody was almost settled that we'll do everything inside the pavillion. It was really a big risk to take but I knew how much my bride wants to have it outside. I needed to push them to set-up at the last minute just in time before the ceremony ended. It was just a relief I made that right decision and nature was cooperative enough to give us a moment to enjoy the ambiance of the Mango Farm.

My pretty bride was beaming. And it felt good seeing her smile.


We were able to have the cocktails by the gazebo near the mango trees and they were able to have their pictorials outdoors. Noel Cabangon was also their to perform during dinner.

It was a pretty tiring day (not to mention that I had to make around 1,500 pcs of chocolate for their souvenirs a couple of days before). But as the event unfolded and things fell into place I was proud that my team was able to pull it through. It also felt great hearing compliments from the guests and the couple themselves.

Getting great feedbacks really takes away all my tiredness. It reminds me why I love doing these kinds of things. Oh and it's a bonus that we're able to book another wedding referred to one of the guests who loved our service!

Cheers to Anton and Sierra!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool Blog... I'm thinking about starting one too. I hope I'll have fun like you: Nice pictures.