Friday, March 9, 2007

Consultant (long post part 9)

Even while I was still studying in college I was already into consultancy. I used to work as a research engineer under my professors. I was fortunate to be included in the project for PS Bank and Globe (although this one I had to quit early since I had to focus on my studies already). It was really fun earning while still studying. Imagine having an extra 10grand tax free every month as a student. Consultancy is definitely another very lucrative opportunity.

I was so drawn to it that I agreed to work for one of my professors after graduation. It was supposed to start even before graduation but since the client was none other than the Supreme Court delays were expected. Didn't last me long before I resigned despite having an opportunity to be part of another project simultaneously, thus potentially doubling my income. I guess I'm just not too keen on dealing with government agencies and probably because I was already clamoring for a corporate environment. It was a good training though. Project Management ...scheduling ...staffing ...technical writing. Too bad, a few weeks after I resigned the team went to Cebu, Bohol, and Cagayan de Oro since these were pilot areas for the study. Oh well...

No comments: