Friday, March 9, 2007

Restaurant Owner/ Caterer/ Chef (long post part 8)

Back in college when I was having trouble in some Eng'g subjects I seriously contemplated on shifting courses...to the point that I already got an application form for HRIM. But I asked for a sign that if I passed my Accounting subject I'll stick to IE. I did, and that's how I got stuck to my course.

But that didn't stop me from continuing one of my passions...cooking. I would often cook for my org...for genmeet pakain, christmas parties, acquaintance parties, sem-enders, and even breakfast during Eng'g week and Jag and Lee Sales. It wasn't easy cooking for 40-80 pax, but I truly enjoyed it! I guess that's one of the reasons most ciemers would remember me. They'd often request for my potato pot pie or pasta or my fried sandwiches or even my chocolates! They'd often kid me to open up my own catering business already. *sigh* ...if only it was that easy...

I've tried looking at available culinary classes...Boy do they cost soo much! Good thing the internet has endless sites as reference for recipes and cooking techniques. I've had a series of hits and misses with some of them . Probably I'll post my next cooking/baking adventures here soon and probably add some pix too.

Yesterday, I went to the Bakers' Fair at the World Trade Center. It was actually quite an experience and it merits another blog entry. I'll post pix too.

No comments: