Thursday, March 22, 2007

Radical Sabbatical

It's been 3 weeks since my last day at work.

Yep! I've resigned from my corporate job already. This may be surprising to most of you and you're probably wondering why I've decided on this…a couple of reasons actually. Even I cannot actually weigh which reason matters the most.

Don’t get me wrong. I like my job knowing that what I’m doing has a direct impact to the company’s future. I’ve been given opportunities to handle certain projects which could affect all the 7-Eleven stores. My last project could even save the company around Php 6 million .

I like the people I work with. It’s just a small organization and almost everybody knows everybody. Of course the company has its own flaws and I have my own work-related angsts but then again there’s really no such thing as a perfect company.

It definitely took a lot of guts for me to submit my resignation letter. But I realized that this is something that I have to do and cannot be put off any longer. There are a lot of things that I wanna do and I believe that I owe myself to give them a try… at least while I’m still young.

I’m not closing my doors to the corporate world but right now I have other options to assess. And more than anything, I want to take some rest…at the least take things slow for the mean time since I personally don’t think I can really sit still for long.

Right now I’m just enjoying the freedom of waking up whenever I want to. Rest whenever I want to. Go to places I wanna go to…anytime I want to. Within those 3 weeks I was able to do a lot already. I went to Batangas and Tagaytay. I attended the Bakers’ Fest at the World Trade Center, Manila and Wedding Expo at PICC. And I have more time for wedding coordination which I’m really really enjoying so far. (more about this in my other blog entries)

Sometimes I miss my corporate job, specially the thought of having a steady monthly income. But then again, I know if I play my cards right I’ll make much more than what I was previously earning. Haaaay…goodluck sa kin! Hehe!


No comments: