Friday, March 9, 2007

Doctor (long post part 3)

I can never forget my Grade IV English teacher. She was the first one who told me that I’m appropriate to become a doctor someday (then found out that the comment was because of my very nice handwriting!)

I remember when I was interviewed by the registrar of Pisay I said I wanted to take up BioChemistry then take up Intarmed (hahaha! Goodluck!). I dunno why I even thought about it. Watching Grey's Anatomy and the patients/ cases featured on the show just affirmed that I made the right decision not to pursue medicine. I don't think I could stand all the gory details of being a doctor.

Oh I remember...it wasn't really my decision that I didn’t pursue medicine. I can remember filling up my UPCAT applicaton form and being confused as to what course to put. I was swaying towards IE since we just had a career talk then and the speaker said that there's lotsa money in IE (hahaha! mukhang pera!) but I was still also considering taking up medicine (have either Psych or Bio as premed ...biochemistry is just too much! hehe!) Then I asked for a sign. I put IE as my first choice then Bio as my second. It was up to fate which one I will pass.

No comments: