Tuesday, March 27, 2007

What a nice surprise

Woke up feeling a bit lazy this morning. I wanted to catch some more sleep since I slept around 3 am already. It took me awhile to realize that my cel was ringing. It was my hubby. I was wondering why he is calling me thru my cel not the landline. I was assuming he was still in the office since his shift for the week is 10pm - 7am (and that he sets himself a quota of 4 hours OT before he goes home).

I answered my cel (complete with morning croaky bedroom voice). The line was a bit choppy and I couldn't understand what he was saying at first. "Buksan mo yung gate..." Then I thought to myself that he was supposedly calling their house and probably hit my number accidentaly. Then he repeated it again. "Beh...Buksan mo yung gate...nandito ko sa labas" Huh??? It took me awhile to absorb that he was indeed outside our house.

Medyo naghang yung utak ko. Di pa ko nagmumumog. Di pa ko nakakasuklay. I can't even open my eyes all the way since I was still too sleepy. Didn't really know anong uunahin ko. Oh what the hell?! I opened the gate and there he was... may dalang Jollibee for breakfast...awww...

It was indeed a sweet surprise. This wasn't the first time he did this but it still gives me the awww feeling... a bit more heightened actually since we had some sort of misunderstanding again yesterday over the phone. A good hug after a fight surely takes all the bad feelings away.

What a nice way to start my day.

No comments: