Sunday, August 19, 2007

another FX story

I rode a taxi from Taft after the event at Mrs Fields at the Manila Pavilion. It was around past 10 pm already. I was seating at the back with 2 other guys. I'm really alert when riding an FX, or at least try to even if I'm very sleepy already. I also make it a point to pray that I'll be able to come home safe and won't have any untoward situations.

It was actually a long ride coming from Manila and going back to Quezon City. By the time we reached the Rotunda, we were stopped by some police men. Of course I was a bit alarmed since they don't really stop all vehicles even if they've set up a check point. They opened the driver's door as well as the back door where I was seated. They just said "Pasensya na po, may hinahanap lang po kme." And then they looked at one of the male passengers who was across me and got suspicious with his bag pack which he was hugging. "Patingin ng bag mo!", they ordered and felt his bag. "Ano tong mabigat sa bag mo?", they asked. Of course at that point I was starting to get scared already. But the guy calmly said, "mga tools lang po, sir." *sigh* good thing he was telling the truth and the policemen let us go.

I wonder who the policemen were looking for. It's just really weird since they were just making random checks. If they were looking for something/ somebody, then they should be checking up all vehicles passing by. Oh well. Times like these, you really feel unsafe going out, specially commuting. I guess I just have to trust in God that he will keep me safe wherever I go.

No comments: