Monday, August 13, 2007

Please include me in your prayers

Unfortunately, I'm still hearing muffled sounds from my left ear. I didn't know having colds can cause complications like this. I went to the doctor again last Saturday for a check-up. His examinations showed that my left eardrum was pushed farther that it should be due to build up of mucus and that the discharge was due to the small perforations on my eardrum. He just advised to continue my antibiotics for 7 more days, hopefully by that time my eardrum would heal back into its normal state. Surgery is another option but is not yet being considered at this point. I just got really scared when he said that there is a slim chance that my eardrum would totally rupture and be unrepairable (brutally saying that my left ear might become totally deaf). *sigh* Despite the small probability, it really does scare me!

I've been a little depressed lately due to my state. It's really weird not being able to hear normally. It's like I'm in a cave. I can barely hear someone talking if she's at my left side. And I have just observed that my speech volume is also a bit affected. Since I can't hear myself well, I can't seem to get the right volume of my voice. Like when I feel I'm already talking normally, it turns out my voice is a bit inaudible…like they'd have me repeat what I said since they can't hear me much. It really does get a little frustrating. I just really hope and pray that things will go back to normal pretty soon. Please do include me in your prayers as well.

Pardon for the lack of updates in this site. I do have a couple of draft posts which I hope to post soon. It just feels a little toxic lately being in front of the computer and have been mostly staying in bed or on the couch lately. But I'm starting to miss blogging and surfing so you'll probably feel my presence more for the coming days. I know I gotta get out of my depression and just be positive that my hearing will go back to normal. I'm just really thankful that my right eardrum is still in tact.

No comments: